Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure Share is enabled in the Dexcom App. You can also try to invite yourself as a follower.
Make sure you have a solid Internet connection on the phone running Happy Bob and Dexcom app.
DashBob is a desktop version of your Happy Bob Data in a simple and beautiful format.
You can log in to DashBob with your Happy Bob credentials at https://dashboard-us.happybob.app/
Happy Bob does not have a follower app yet, but if you both use Happy Bob, you can create a Group to share your glucose values, star count and status updates within the app.
At the moment you cannot set your own target ranges in Happy Bob. We will add this feature in the future.
Your CGM data is turned into stars you can collect.
Whenever your glucose is between 72 mg/dL (4 mmol/L) and 180 mg/dL (10 mmol/L), you collect stars.
If your glucose is between 72 mg/dL (4 mmol/L) and 126 mg/dL (7 mmol/L), you get double stars for every reading.
With the stars you can reach your daily star target. You can set your star target in Settings.
Happy Bob sends notifications in the following situations:
- When your glucose is below 72 mg/dL.
- When your glucose is between 72 mg/dL and 108 mg/dL but going down.
- When your glucose is above 180 mg/dL.
- When your glucose is between 144 mg/dL and 180 mg/dL but going up.
- When your glucose has been between 72 mg/dL and 180 mg/dL for more than 120 min.
On iOS, check that you have enabled notifications from the app, and that you have installed the latest version from the App Store.
On Android there are a few reasons why you might not be receiving notifications.
1) Notifications are disabled on Happy Bob app. In the app, navigate to Settings → Notifications, and check that notifications are toggled on.
2) Notifications are disabled from Android system settings. On Android system settings, go to Settings → Apps → Happy Bob → Notifications, and check that notifications are enabled.
3) Your phone’s power saving features are shutting down Happy Bob in the background and block notifications from going through, or the notifications appear with a delay. Phones that can behave like this include devices from Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, Oppo, One Plus, Vivo and Lenovo. You can fix this issue by disabling the battery saving options for Happy Bob. You can find the settings for this on your system settings, but the exact placement varies by manufacturer and Android version. Here listed are some common devices on newer Android versions.
Samsung devices: Go to Settings → Device Care or Device Maintenance → Battery → Optimize battery usage → Disable for Happy Bob app.
Huawei devices: Go to Settings → Battery → App launch → Happy Bob → Turn off “Manage all automatically”. In the following dialog, turn all the selections on.
If the issue still persists after checking all of these steps, or you’re having trouble finding the power saving options, please contact us at email@example.com. Also, if you notice you’re not receiving all notifications according to our notifications logic listed above, please let us know and we will investigate further.
“Damn, Gina” is a catchphrase from Martin Lawrence’s 1990s sitcom, Martin. Martin used it whenever his girlfriend Gina was being especially frustrating, or was looking particularly good. It’s been adopted into slang to convey awe, surprise, or appreciation.
Here’s how to set up Happy Bob on your Apple Watch:
1. Open Watch App on your iPhone
2. Choose Happy Bob and select Show App on Apple Watch
3. Firmly press watch face, swipe to choose face, then customize
4. Swipe to edit the complications. Tap a complication to select it, then turn digital crown to change it. Press digital crown to save it.
5. Tap Happy Bob complication on the watch face to open Happy Bob App and to see the exact glucose level.
The Happy Bob iOS widget has a max number of times it can update per day based on Apple’s iOS widget guidelines. As a result, you may need to wait longer than 5 minutes for the widget to update. This should not impact the timing of the Happy Bob notifications.
We understand this may cause you an inconvenience. If you need to access your CGM data immediately we recommend opening the Happy Bob App or tapping on the widget to open the app and refresh the widget
If you want to join a clan or just ask a question from other users, please join our Happy Bob App Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/622999101814484
If you have questions or feedback, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!