How to use the app
Happy Bob is designed to help you monitor your glucose levels in a fun way. Happy Bob connects to your CGM and helps you monitor your glucose levels throughout the day while notifying you with personal messages. Keeping your glucose within the target range earns you stars. The purpose of Happy Bob is to motivate users in self-care by offering a rewarding and encouraging experience.
Important. Do not use Happy Bob as a substitute for medical care, or interpret Bob’s messages as medical instructions. Happy Bob does not replace the primary CGM application.
Getting started with Dexcom CGM
Follow these steps when you are using the Happy Bob App for the first time.
- Download Happy Bob App.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet.
- Open the app and select your country.
- Create account by entering your email address and name. This name will be displayed in the app.
- Choose your Diabetes type, Gender and Age group.
- To create account, confirm you have read and accepted the General Terms and Conditions, Privacy Notice and User Manual.
- Once your account is created, connect Happy Bob with your CGM:
- Login with your Dexcom username and password
- Your Dexcom data is now connected with Happy Bob.
Using the App
Monitor your glucose levels real-time. Whenever you are within the target range, you earn stars. Keeping your sugar in the upper blue area, you earn a star every 5 minutes. Staying within the lower blue area earns you 2x stars. You can also view your past sugar data.
You can connect to Apple Health data to see your activity levels in the app as well.
In the main view you can:
- Meet Bob! Bob’s expressions and messages change throughout the day according to your blood sugar levels. By tapping the text, you can listen to the messages.
- See the current glucose value and unit of measurement.
- Access settings.
- See your daily star amount and access scoreboard.